I know this isn’t IOTA related, but I needed to throw this guide up somewhere and this is where I decided to stick it. If you’re like me, you were being lazy and using Nicehash to mine crypto (and seeing a decent profit!) until they were hacked and everything was lost. Frankly, I won’t trust them again. They’ve been too shady in the days following the attack. Regardless of that, I wanted to figure out how to mine while automatically switching to the most profitable algorithm without using Nicehash. It’s been 24 hours since I wrote this guide. The guide has since been deleted from Nicehash’s reddit by their moderators because everyone was discovering what I’ve now discovered. Awesome Miner with Mining Pool Hub seems to earn about
10% more 25% more (I’ve since tweaked some settings and replaced the pre-packed ccminer to see even more profits! If you would like to do the same, I’ve written a guide for how to use palginmod with Awesome Miner) in profit than Nicehash. That’s not including the fact that you can cash out with a coin other than Bitcoin such as Litecoin or Vertcoin which both have incredibly low tx fees. I’m leaving comments open on this and I’ll be answering as many questions as I can. Happy mining!
How to use Awesome Miner with Mining Pool Hub
1) Download and install Awesome Miner from http://www.awesomeminer.com/download.aspx
2) Create a Mining Pool Hub account here: https://miningpoolhub.com/index.php?page=register
3) Open Awesome Miner. The New Miner wizard should open, if not, click ‘New Miner’.
- Under Select Miner Type, choose Managed Profit Miner, Click ‘Next’
- Select whether you have AMD or nVidia hardware under the Profit Switching Profile. Click ‘Next’
- Under Managed Profit Switching – Configuration, check the box beside Mining Pool Hub. For your Worker name, type your username followed by “.1” so if your username is joeblow then you would type “joeblow.1”, then select your region. Click ‘Next’
- You should now see your new miner listed under the ‘My Miners’ section of Awesome Miner.
4) Click ‘Tools’>’Benchmark’ at the top menu of Awesome Miner
5) From the Benchmark dialog, make sure your appropriate ‘Profit switching profile’ is selected and the GPU you would like to use, then, check each algorithm you would like to benchmark (all of them) and choose ‘Precise benchmark’. Click ‘Start’
6) Go get a beer.
7) Login to your Mining Pool Hub account and click Auto Exchange in the menu at the top left (https://miningpoolhub.com/?page=account&action=autoexchange). This is where you’ll choose which coin you would like to be paid with.
NOTE: You may be wondering: “Where do I put my address to receive payouts?” Here’s the answer: As long as you’ve set an Auto Exchange coin, then once you start mining, the coins that you mine will eventually be converted to your Auto Exchange coin. It seems to take about 12 hours or so. Once this happens you can go to your Balances page on the Mining Pool Hub website and see if your Auto Exchange coin shows a balance. If it does, go to the wallet for that coin on Mining Pool Hub (you’ll see the link for it on your Balances page) and there you’ll see the field to add your address where you would like to receive payouts as well as the option to set your payout threshold.
8) If your benchmarks are still running, go grab another beer. If they’re done, then click ‘Save to profile’ and let’s proceed!
9) If you would like to add a miner for your CPU as well, choose ‘Main’ from the top menu of Awesome Miner, click Options, then choose ‘Profit Profiles’, click ‘Add’. In Description type ‘CPU’, and from the list of Mining Software, scroll down to the last option which should be CpuMiner-Opt. Check the box beside it and click ‘OK’, Return to Awesome Miner and click ‘New Miner’ from the top menu like you did before. Follow all of the steps from before except this time when asked to choose your Profit Switching Profile, choose your new CPU profile that you just created. After you’ve created this new miner, right click on it, choose ‘Properties’, then choose ‘Override Pool Settings’, and check the box beside ‘Mining Pool Hub’, then type your Mining Pool Hub username followed by “.2”, so just like before, if your username is joeblow then you would type “joeblow.2”. Having fun yet?
10) Remember that long process from before when you benchmarked the GPU? Now repeat the same process but this time when asked to choose the Profit Switching Profile, choose your new CPU profile. Once the benchmarking is complete, you’re ready to start mining!
11) Right click each of your miners and click ‘Start’. Good luck!
12) At this point you may want to consider trying palginmod instead of the default ccminer that comes with Awesome Miner. I’ve seen about a 10% boost in hashrate from doing this. If you’re interested then I’ve written a guide to using palginmod with Awesome Miner.
13) If you have any problems then be sure and read below as I’ve answered a ton of common problems there.
Edit: I’m seeing some comments from people curious about the actual payout results differing from the estimation. So far my actual payouts are pretty much spot on, but I haven’t been mining for 24 hours yet. I’ll report back after that. One thing that I’ve done that others may be interested in is that I noticed sometimes Awesome Miner was mining algorithms that weren’t nearly as profitable as others. Especially with my CPU. So I logged into my MPH account and went to Hub Workers in the menu and set specific algorithms for each worker (since I have different workers for each device). So my CPU now only mines Cryptonight. I’ve seen others that did this with their GPU setting it to only mine Lyra2RE2 cryptos.
Something else to consider is the fees of withdrawing BTC. A lot of you may still want to get paid in BTC but it seems to work out a lot better getting paid in a cheaper coin to avoid high tx fees. I’ve been getting paid in VTC and I’ve been very happy with my results so far. I’ll know more after 24 hours (I’ll report back) as to whether I truly am making more than I was with NH but right now it seems to be about the same if not more.
24 Hour Update: Looks good! I’m making about 10% more now than with Nicehash! Plus I can withdraw using a coin with very low tx fees as opposed to Bitcoin. And, I can withdraw whenever I want. Pretty sweet! A lot of you are looking at the profit of your Auto Exchange coin and thinking “That’s not very much!” but you may not be taking into account the confirm/unconfirmed balances of the other coins that you’ve mined that have yet to be exchanged. You can use this site to convert all of your balances to see your total earnings: https://miningpoolhubstats.com
72 Hour Update: Still doing great! After tweaking some things and switching the default ccminer to palginmod I’m seeing closer to 25% more than I did with Nicehash! If you’re interested then I’ve written a guide on how to use palginmod in Awesome Miner.
Questions? Comment below and I’ll try to answer!
Donate if you’d like:
If you feel like this guide helped you, please consider making a donation to keep this site going. You can send donations to: